Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Single Light

     I was riding in the car the other day and above me were these street lights.  It was mid-day and I knew that none of them would be on, and I quickly shifted my attention to other things.  But I looked up and there in front of me was a single street light on.  I stared at it until it was gone from sight making sure that I wasn't seeing things.  But, it was true, there was a single street light on in the middle of the day.       I thought this was very odd and I couldn't stop thinking about that single street light, on in the middle of the day.  But then it hit, as Christians, we should all be like that single light shining brightly, catching every bodies attention.  Matthew 5:14 says "You are the light of the world..."  Why does Jesus call us to be the light of the world?  Just like how that single street light caught my attention, being a Christian should catch the unbelievers attention as well. 
     You want people to notice something different about you, something that they may not have.  Of course Jesus is saying that we are a light in darkness, not a light in mid-day.  Please keep that in mind!  That being said, we Christians, will shine even more brighter than the street lamp light I saw.      
     We should set an example for the unbelievers so that they to will wonder what is different about us, and hopefully become a Christian and a light to this world too. So as you go throughout your day please keep this in mind, Am I setting an examples for the unbelievers?  Do I look different from everyone else and am I acting like a light shining in the darkness?

This song may be for younger kids but it's meaning still means the same,

"This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine.
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine.
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine.
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!"

Written by Jammin-Jelly

No comments:

Post a Comment