Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fire

Were to start....... Ok, on the first Wednesday of December my house caught on fire and my life was completely flipped upside down. No my house did not burn to the ground, but we were told 5 more minutes and it would have been, but the smoke damage all over the house was horrible, I couldn't believe my eyes as I walked in once they said that the fire was gone and it was ok I just wanted to roll up in a ball and cry, my house was destroyed, every wall was coated in smoke and the windows were cracked the molding bubbled and burnt, it was like we'd never bought curtains because there wasn't even any trace that we had curtains, the blinds and fans had all melted, I could go into more depth but I wont. The love and care of so many people was amazing, The Red Cross showed up while the firefighters were hosing the fire out, they were so amazing, even though we didn't even know them they stayed there and comforted us and got us in a hotel room, some of our neighbors came over and took my younger brothers and sister to their house and fed them pizza so they wouldn't have to see the house. The next day at my co-op they prayed for us and comforted us, my best friend let me stay at my house ad let me borrow her clothes, since the smoke had ruined most of my clothes, and people we had never really talked to came up to us and offered extra rooms in their house or even their guest house.Our church was just so amazing supporting us and just taking us under their wing, the love was so abundant I don't know how we could of gotten so far. I thank to all those people Christ truly shone through you guys.
The house inspector told us to repair all the damage we would be out of our house for 3 months. It has been 1 1/2 months now and slowly but surely we are coming through. Even though all this has happened to me I still know that this happened for a reason and I praise God everyday how He is blessing me everyday for many other things, and no one in my family got hurt. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment